Welcome to my Blog

Hi, my name is Suanne and I am writing this blog to share some of the tips and recipes I have learned or created with our backyard garden. The garden itself is actually my husband John's but we have had a garden for over 25 years so I have picked up some garden knowledge along the way. We live in Austin, Texas so we are blessed with a year long growing season. We always have something to eat from the garden and this pretty much dictates what we eat. All of our meals are planned around what happens to be growing at the time. One of the biggest challenges is what I like to call crop maintenance. What to do with all of the vegetables? Beyond sharing with the neighbors and friends I am always trying creative approaches to preparing the bounty. So the blog seemed like a good way to both keep track of and share my recipes.

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Very Pretty Cauliflower 



This year was the first year we have successfully planted everything from seed for the fall garden.  We planted several varieties of cauliflower including the very pretty green spiky cauliflower and this purple one.

One of my favorite cauliflower recipes is super easy to make and very yummy.  It is from Bon Appetit.

Roasted Cauliflower with Chick Peas and Olives


1 head of cauliflower 2-4 cups cut into small florets
1 can garbanzo or chickpeas drained
20 pitted  and stuffed green olives chopped
8 cloves of garlic rough chopped
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
3 tblspoon of Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a baking pan.  Roast at 400 degrees  for 20-25 minutes  stirring after 10 minutes.






1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this and hopefully my wife will try this one soon. I will give to her your recipe so she can try it. thanks!

    parker hardscape

    ReplyDelete